Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Psychotherapy for individuals 12 years and older with a focus on treating Trauma, Anxiety, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, and Depression. Kristie also provides therapy to individuals wanting support in addressing concerns related to behavior, intimate partner violence, substance use, and major life transitions.
Therapy Interventions Include:
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy
Kristie Wells (she/her/hers), LCSW joined ACES in 2016. Kristie received her bachelor’s degree in Social Work from Virginia Commonwealth University along with her Career Studies Certificate in American Sign Language from Reynolds Community College. Kristie then graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University with a master’s degree in Social Work and became a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in 2011.
Since 2008, Mx. Wells has worked in various capacities as an Out-Patient Therapist, a member of a crisis response mental health assessment team, Case Manager, Program Coordinator, and masters level Adjunct Instructor at VCU.
Mx. Wells currently provides individual therapy in both our Crozet and Richmond offices. Kristie is a native, hearing, English user who is also proficient in American Sign Language (holds RID NIC-A). Client’s preferred language or method of communication (ASL, LSL, sign supported speech/simcom, etc.) will be utilized in therapy sessions.
- BSW, Virginia Commonwealth University, 2006
- Career Studies Certificate in American Sign Language, J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College, 2006
- MSW, Virginia Commonwealth University, 2008
- LCSW, Virginia, 2011
Certificates and Memberships
- Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID)
- Virginia Society for Clinical Social Work (VSCSW)
- National Interpreter Certification– Advanced (NIC-A), 2012