Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, and Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy for young adults and adults (ages 15+)
- Treatment for trauma, anxiety, depression, behavioral problems, domestic and sexual abuse, eating disorders, substance abuse, post traumatic stress disorder, and stress reduction
Kristie Wells, LCSW joined ACES in 2016. Kristie received her bachelor’s degree in Social Work from Virginia Commonwealth University along with her Career Studies Certificate in American Sign Language from Reynolds Community College. Kristie then graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University with a master’s degree in Social Work and became a Licensed Clinical Social Worker in 2011.
Since 2008, Ms. Wells has worked in various capacities as an out-patient therapist, a member of a crisis response mental health assessment team, case manager, program coordinator, and Masters level adjunct instructor at VCU. Kristie also enjoys working as a freelance ASL/English Interpreter and being outdoors.
- BSW, Virginia Commonwealth University, 2006
- Career Studies Certificate in American Sign Language, J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College, 2006
- M.S., Social Work, Virginia Commonwealth University, 2008; LCSW, 2011
Certificates and Memberships
- Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID)
- Virginia Society for Clinical Social Work (VSCSW)
- National Interpreter Certification– Advanced (NIC-A), 2012