- Multi-Disciplinary Team Assessments
- Psychotherapy Services
- Psychological Assessment Services
- Psychiatric Services and Medication Management
- Services for the Deaf or Hard of Hearing
Services for Adults
Multi-Disciplinary Team Assessments
- Social Relatedness and Social Skills (such as Autism Spectrum Disorder)
- Problem Solving
- Independent Living Skills
- Behavior Regulation
- Attention & Memory
- Mental Health (such as depression and anxiety)
- Treatment Planning
Team Assessments are the core of our work. Team services are available for toddlers, children, adolescents, young adults, and adults. During team assessments, at least two professionals collaborate to create a holistic understanding of a child’s individual strengths and areas of need. We also use Team Assessments to evaluate the overall functioning of children with multiple disabilities, complex language and learning challenges, Autism Spectrum Disorders, deaf blindness, or other complicated presentations. Our assessment guides treatment planning, helps with prioritizing services, clarifies eligibility for community services, and identifies key recommendations in daily life.
- Cognitive Behavior Interventions for Depression, Anxiety, and Obsessive -Compulsive Disorder.
- Mindfulness Techniques
- Interpersonal Counseling Strategies
- Play Therapy
- Parent Consultation
- Individual, Marital, and Family Therapy Services for People who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
Individual psychotherapy services are available for toddlers, children, adolescents, young adults, and adults. ACES professionals offer cognitive behavior therapy interventions, and specialize in treating symptoms of depression, anxiety, and obsessive-compulsive disorder. ACES professionals also incorporate mindfulness techniques, interpersonal counseling strategies, play therapy, parent consultation, and trauma based intervention based on individual training and the client needs. Individual, marital, and family therapy services are available for children, adolescents, and adults who are deaf or hard of hearing.
Services for the Deaf or Hard of Hearing
- Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)
- Consultation (about school, parenting, or program development)
- Educational Testing
- Individual, Marital, and Family Counseling
- Multi-Disciplinary Team Assessments
- Psychological Assessment
- Speech Language Assessments
ACES is recognized as the leading provider of deaf services in Central Virginia. We specialize in customized application of evidence-based interventions for children and adults who are deaf or hard-of-hearing, particularly those with literacy learning challenges. ACES professionals can offer services directly in American Sign Language (ASL), spoken English, sign language supported by conceptually accurate spoken English, and Cued Speech/ Cued English. Interpreting services are available as needed. Additionally, both American Sign Language (ASL) interpreting and Certified Deaf Interpreting Services are available to service providers and families with people who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Clinical Assessments and Diagnoses for Toddlers, Children, Young Adults, and Adults
- Measurements and Recommendations regarding School-Based Testing, Eligibility for Community Services
Comprehensive psychological assessment services are available for toddlers, children, adolescents, young adults and adults. Most assessments include a clinical interview, review of prior records, direct measurement of functioning, and rating scales completed by others, such as a parent, teacher or spouse. Comprehensive testing can be helpful for addressing concerns about attention, intelligence, learning, social skills, behavior outbursts, mental health issues, trauma, employment, and qualifying for community services. Comprehensive testing can be used to explore the need for special accommodations in high stakes testing (ACT, SAT, GRE) and for college disability offices, to determine eligibility for community services, and/or for clinical diagnosis.