Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Dr. Hebb specializes in work with adults and adolescents:
- Clinical support for concerns related to learning issues, social skills, executive functioning,
anxiety, and general well-being
- Premarital Counseling that provides foundational work around communication, finances, and
- General Couples Therapy (referred to specialist If there are concerns with substance use or
- Women’s Issues related to miscarriage, loss, parenting, body image, and caretaker role stress
- Managing complex change and implementing systems change as a leader; coaching supports for your work within your organization and/or business
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) for adults and adolescents
- Supporting college students with transition, online learning, and organizational skills
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for adults to manage anxiety, life stressors, and
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) to identify and change negative thinking patterns for
positive behavioral changes and improved relationships
- Use of personal inventories to build self-awareness and self-discovery and to understand
behaviors, gain perspective, and to build empathy for others and self-compassion
- Trauma-Informed Care practices that support communication, growth, and building positive
Dr. Hebb recently joined ACES in 2022. Specific areas of expertise based on her years of experience in
education, clinical social work, and research are in the areas of trauma informed care, anxiety,
depression, and the impact of loss and life adjustments that cause ongoing hardship and grief.
Dr. Hebb started out as a school social worker in 1994. She served in this capacity until 2017 for
Chesterfield County Public Schools. She supported the Early Childhood Preschool team, elementary,
middle, and high schools along with alternative placements for youth needing extra support and
services. During this time, she studied to obtain her L.C.S.W. in 2012.
In 2016, Dr. Hebb transitioned from her work as a school social worker to work full time serving divisions
across The Commonwealth as a Systems Coach and Local Education Agency Lead. This work has
provided ongoing professional learning, coaching, and research that supports adult and student mental
well-being, academics, and behavior. She is often asked to present on specific topics that support
educators to improve student outcomes.
Dr. Hebb has an interest and experience in providing couples therapy. Using researched based tools and
resources, couples will recognize and understand the importance of foundational relationship skills that
promotes respect and positive connection.
Dr. Hebb is an adjunct professor for V.C.U School of Social Work. She teaches master’s level students in
policy analysis and social work in the school setting.
Dr. Hebb continues her work of cultural humility and awareness for diverse cultures, influences, and
perspectives as they intersect with individuals, families, and the community in which we work and live.
Through her work in trauma-informed care, she promotes and utilizes mindfulness and practices that
support overall well-being and spiritual awareness. She promotes ongoing and consistent self-care and
the importance of collective care within community.
- Ed.D., Educational Leadership, Virginia Commonwealth University, 2015
- M.S.W., Social Work/Certificate in School Social Work/Pupil Personnel License, 1994
- B.S., Business Administration and Management/Personnel Track, 1988
Certifications and Memberships
- Let Me Learn, Educational Trainer
- National Association of Social Workers
- School Social Work Certificate and Pupil Personnel License
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Greater Richmond Trauma Informed Community Network
Personal Hobbies and Volunteer Work
- Founder of Woman of Worth Mentoring
- Vocalist, blogger, song writer
- Creativity and art as a form of self-care and healing
- The use of podcasts and books to promote ongoing learning and community
- Letter writing, journaling
- Discovering trails to walk, visiting unique towns, and attending concerts