Licensed Clinical Psychologist
- Multisystemic Therapy
- Evidence-based treatments for children experiencing behavior problems
- Traumatic stress
- Anxiety-based disorders
Dr. Tuerk joined ACES in the fall of 2019. She is a faculty member and clinician at the University of Virginia, where she teaches and supervises doctoral students in the Curry Programs for Clinical and School Psychology.
Previously, Dr. Tuerk worked at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston as a clinical psychologist providing evidence-based psychological treatment for children, adolescents, and multi-problem families.
She is a trained consultant for Multisystemic Therapy with expertise in parent training and treatment of co-occurring child maltreatment and parental substance abuse. Dr. Tuerk’s therapeutic approach is behavioral and goal-oriented, with an emphasis on multisystemic interventions to improve family functioning. Dr. Tuerk is licensed to practice clinical psychology in Virginia and South Carolina.
- B.A., Psychology, Columbia University, 2002
- M.Ed., Clinical and School Psychology, University of Virginia, 2003
- Ph.D., Clinical Psychology, University of Virginia, 2007
- Pre-Doctoral Psychology Internship, University of Medicine and Dentistry, 2006-2007
- Post-Doctoral Scholar, Family Services Research Center, Dept. of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, 2007-2008
Certifications and Memberships
American Psychological Association (APA)