- Administration of educational assessments
- Administration of psychological assessments under the guidance of a licensed psychologist
- Deaf Services
Karen is the program advisor and a faculty member at Radford University where she teaches future educators to become teachers of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, as well as graduate courses on educational assessment. She started her career as an itinerant teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing in public schools in Georgia and Alabama. Then moved to Virginia to work at the Virginia School for the Deaf and the Blind as a teacher, supervisor, and technology coordinator.
Karen has a master’s degree in Curriculum and Instruction and is in the process of obtaining her certificate in Educational Psychometry at the University of Alabama-Birmingham. Her areas of expertise include both working directly with DHH children in the classroom and providing assessment services that help teachers make educational decisions to best meet student needs.
Karen is fluent in American Sign Language and Cued Speech.
- B.S.-Education of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- M.A. Ed- Curriculum and Instruction
- Coursework in Educational Psychometry
Certifications and Memberships
- Member-CEC: Council for Exceptional Children
- Member-ASCD: Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- Member-ACE-DHH: Association of College Educators-Deaf and Hard of Hearing