Licensed School Psychologist
- Educational testing for accommodations on standardized exams (SAT, ACT, GRE, LSAT etc).
- Gifted Evaluations
- Psychological assessments for concerns about ADHD, learning issues, social skills, executive functioning, anxiety, and general well being
- Assessments for Autism and Developmental Disabilities (including the Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule Second Edition, ADOS-2) ages 5-25
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) for children and adolescents
- Treatment for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (ages 5 – 25)
- Works with Transgender and gender non-conforming individuals and families seeking support and education
Dr. Lemite joined ACES in 2013, working with children, adolescents, and young adults who have learning, attention, and communication problems. Dr. Lemite has particular expertise in the cognitive and academic development of children who are deaf or hard of hearing. She can assist parents in navigating through the special education system, school-based intervention teams, and Section 504-plans for accommodations.
Dr. Lemite started out as a classroom teacher in elementary schools. In 2004 she began her life dream of becoming a school psychologist and has worked in Henrico County Public schools and Chesterfield County Public Schools for over 15 years.
In 2020 Dr. Lemite transitioned to work full time at ACES but continues to provide psychoeducational assessments for deaf and hard of hearing children using listening and spoken language in schools throughout the state of Virginia as a member of the Virginia Network of Consultants (VNOC) collaborating with local school divisions serving students who are deaf or hard of hearing.
In addition to advocating for children and adults with special needs, Dr Lemite continues to maintain awareness of and space for diverse cultures, influences, and perspectives as they intersect with individual wellbeing. She is a trained Yoga Instructor and integrates this practice into therapy sessions.
Ph.D., School Psychology, Teachers College, Columbia University, 2003
M.A., Early Childhood/Elementary Education, Hofstra University, 1992
BA., Psychology and Education, College of New Rochelle, 1989
Certifications and Memberships
- Nationally Certified School Psychologist
- Virginia Department of Education School Psychologist
- American Psychological Association, member
- Virginia Association of School Psychologists, serving on Social Justice Interest Group
- International OCD Foundation, member
- Member of World Professional Association for Transgender Health , WPATH certification pending
- Integral Yoga Academy Registered Yoga Teacher – 200 , August 2017