Licensed Clinical Psychologist
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) approach for children, adolescents, and adults
- Treatment for anxiety, depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, behavioral problems, and social concerns
- Educational testing for accommodations on standardized testing (SAT, ACT, GREs, etc.)
- Psychological testing for concerns about attention, behavior, relationships, social skills, mood, problem solving, cognitive functioning, learning, executive functioning, memory, independent living skills, and mental health.
Dr. Locke-Downer joined ACES in 2014 and enjoys working with children, adolescents, and adults who are experiencing difficulties such as anxiety, depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, body-focused repetitive behaviors, behavioral problems, and social concerns. She uses a cognitive-behavioral treatment approach, with family and school consultation as important treatment components. Consultation with physicians, psychiatrists, and other treatment providers is also welcomed. Dr. Locke-Downer provides in-office and telehealth appointments.
Dr. Locke-Downer has been a practicing clinical psychologist since 2003, when she joined the faculty in the Clinical and School Psychology Program in the Curry School of Education at the University of Virginia. Dr. Locke-Downer became Director of the Curry School’s Center for Clinical Psychology Services, the training clinic for doctoral students in the Clinical and School Psychology program. Over the course of eleven years, Dr. Locke-Downer’s work included supervising doctoral and postdoctoral trainees in psychological assessment and psychotherapy, teaching clinical seminars, and working with clients for assessment and therapy. Dr. Locke-Downer continues to be affiliated with the clinic as a supervisor of graduate student trainees.
- B.A., Psychology, Wake Forest University, 1996
- Ph.D., Clinical-Community Psychology, University of South Carolina, 2002
- Predoctoral Internship, Medical College of Virginia’s Virginia Treatment Center for Children (VTCC) 2001-02.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, A.I. DuPont Hospital for Children, 2002-03.
Certifications and Memberships
- American Psychological Association (APA; www.apa.org)
- Association of Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies (ABCT; www.abct.org)
- International Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Foundation (IOCDF; www.iocdf.org)
- PSYPACT authorization (www.psypact.org)