- Psychiatric Assessment
- Psychiatric Consultation
- Psychotherapy (supportive therapy, play therapy)
- Medication Management
- (Please note that Dr. Moore does not provide custody or forensic evaluations. Dr. Moore does not provide ongoing prescriptions for benzodiazepines.)
Dr. Moore is a psychiatrist who completed her residency in general psychiatry at the University of Virginia and went on to complete additional training in the child and adolescent psychiatry fellowship at UVA where she was Chief Fellow. During residency, she received several honors including the Peer Commendation Award, the Humanitarian Award, and the Scholar Award. Her Scholar Award was based in part on her published research on attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). During her fellowship, she received additional specialized training in psychodynamic play therapy and traveled to the Tavestock Clinic in London, England to further her training. She is board certified in child and adolescent psychiatry and has worked at UVA and in various community mental health settings.
She provides comprehensive psychiatric assessments for children and some adults, and she enjoys providing consultations for primary care physicians. For each individual, she develops targeted treatment plans, which often include a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach of psychotherapy, family therapy, and support services. She offers medication management for children and adults who may benefit from this as part of their broader treatment plan. During both assessments and ongoing treatment, she emphasizes understanding each individual’s unique perspective to explore the underlying causes of difficult feelings.
She is experienced in working with a broad range of conditions and is interested in working with children and young adults with anxiety, depression, ADHD, OCD, PTSD, and problems with adjustments or transitions. She offers play therapy as a treatment modality for younger children who often feel more comfortable expressing themselves through play rather than verbal communication.
- B.A., Biology and Chemistry Double Major, Wesleyan College, 1996
- M.D. Doctor of Medicine, Mercer University School of Medicine, 2000
- Residency: Psychiatry. University of Virginia, 2004
- Fellowship: Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University of Virginia, 2006
Certifications and Memberships
- Board certified by ABPN in Adult Psychiatry from 2006-2016
- Board certified by ABPN in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry 2015 to present