- Behavioral-based assessments, treatment plans, and parent/staff training
- Staff development for classrooms, conferences, in-service days, distance, or team-based trainings
- Behavioral approach to working with clients with individual or multiple-disabilities (including Deaf/Hard of Hearing), proficient in ASL
- Areas of specialty include: clients with ID/DD, ASD, Deaf/HOH, and multiple disabilities, reduction of aggressive behavior, self-injurious behaviors, and avoidance/non-compliance
Nicole joined ACES in 2013, which builds on more than two decades of experience as an educator and a behavioral analyst in a wide variety of fields. Nicole has supported individuals with disabilities through both direct service and staff and program development. In prior work, she provided leadership as Director of Learning Technologies at CenralReach and developed research and vetted assessment materials for teachers as a program development manager at Teachstone. She also provided clinical services as a Board Certified Behavior Analyst at the Virginia Institute of Autism and a behavior specialist and classroom teacher at the Virginia School for Deaf and Blind.
Prior to this work, Nicole spent a decade teaching and building staff development programs at a large statewide social service agency in New York City. Nicole has deep context for collaboration across fields. Nicole emphasizes a behavioral approach to her therapy, asking “why do people do what we do?” She seeks not only to reduce behaviors, but to help individuals access safe and sustainable means for achieving the best quality of life for clients and the people who love them. Nicole believes in a collaborative approach to treatment that ensures interventions are appropriate and implementable across environments, practitioners, and family members.
- B.A., State University of New York at New Paltz, 1994
- ASL/English Interpretation Program, LaGuardia Community College, 2000
- M.S., Education Studies, Bank Street College of Education, 2002
- M.S., Education, Early Childhood, General, and Special Education, Bank Street College of Education, 2009
- Behavioral Science, Applied Behavior Analysis, Florida Institute of Technology, 2013
Certifications and Memberships
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA): Behavior Analyst Certification Board
- Licensed Behavior Analyst: Virginia Board of Medicine
- Virginia State Postgraduate Professional License: Early Childhood Special Education, Early/Primary Education PreK-Grade 3
- NY State Professional Teaching Certificate: General Education and Special Education Kindergarten –Grade 2