Speech-Language Pathologist, Board Certified Behavior Analyst
- Multi-Disciplinary team assessments for children with complex needs for support, such as children with communication delays, sensory impairments, developmental disabilities, and/or medical problems
- Consultation & training for students who are deaf or hard of hearing or for those with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Consultation and assessments relating to educational and communication needs for Deaf/Blind students
- Early literacy development for students who are deaf or hard of hearing using See-The-Sound: Visual Phonics and developmental word study
Sarah joined ACES in 2012, where she offers collaborative, multi-disciplinary assessments and specialized consultation for children with complex communication profiles. Sarah is a member of the Virginia Network of Consultants (VNOC), supporting local school divisions with services for students who are deaf or hard of hearing and providing communication or behavior assessments for deaf or hard of hearing students throughout the Commonwealth. Sarah also works as a lead speech-language pathologist at Rehabilitation Associates in Richmond, VA. Since 2012, she has provided diagnostic, rehabilitation, and habilitation services, as well as progress monitoring for early intervention, school-based, and clinic-based settings.
Earlier in her career, Sarah worked at the Virginia School for the Deaf and the Blind (VSDB) for eight years as a speech-language pathologist for the educational program and supporting individual and group therapy for communication. She also served as the Autism Team Coordinator for five years, developing school-wide training as well as individual service plans.
- B.S., Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology, Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania, 2002
- M.S., Speech-Language Pathology, James Madison University, 2004
- BCBA, Applied Behavior Analysis, Professional Development, Florida Institute of Technology, 2011
Certifications and Memberships
- Member of American Speech-Language Hearing Association
- Certificate of Clinical Competence