Resident in Clinical Psychology
- Treatment for anxiety, depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, behavioral problems, and social concerns
- Individual therapy services for children and adults using American Sign Language (ASL) or Cued Speech for communication
- Educational testing for accommodations for standardized tests (SAT, ACT, GREs etc.)
- Psychological testing for concerns about attention, behavior, relationships, social skills, mood, problem solving, cognitive functioning, learning, executive functioning, memory, independent living skills, and mental health.
- Multi-disciplinary team assessments
- Consultation and training on diversity
Dr. Hanumantha has worked as a resident in clinical psychology with ACES since 2012, providing comprehensive assessments and individual psychotherapy for children and adults who are deaf or hard of hearing. Dr. Hanumantha has extensive prior experience in the field and is currently an Assistant Professor at the University of Virginia in the Psychology Department and the American Sign Language (ASL) Program, a position she has held since 2012. Dr. Hanumantha is also a member of the Disabilities Access Committee and the University’s Diversity Council.
Dr. Hanumantha remains passionate about diversity and multi-cultural issues and has been active with education, advocacy and leadership on a local and national level. Expanding on her prior experience in research with Visual Language, Visual Learning (VL2), she taught research methods to local professionals in the Philippines on a project for Discovering Deaf Words through the United States Agency for International Development. Dr. Hanumantha has been invited to serve on the boards for national organizations, such as the Diversity Strategic Team of the National Association of the Deaf (NAD), Deaf Women United (DWU), and Global Reach Out Initiative. In 2009 Dr. Hanumantha co-founded and was a team member for the Deaf Youth Camp of Color. She continues to volunteer and share her experiences in an effort to empower others for success, always motivated to expand the access and well-being of people from diverse backgrounds.
- B.S. Biology, George Mason University, 2000
- M.S., Administration & Supervision, Gallaudet University, 2005
- M.A., Clinical Psychology, Gallaudet University, 2005
- Ph.D., Clinical Psychology, Gallaudet University, 2008