Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Psychotherapy for children, pre-adolescents, adolescents, and adults for issues related to anxiety; parenting support; anger management; work stress; and cultural identity development including depression; physical, sexual, or emotional abuse; and major life transitions.
- RYT 200 Hatha Yoga Teacher
Susanne Wilbur has worked in many different roles and with many different types of people in her career as a social worker and community advocate here in the Piedmont. She developed Charlottesville’s first outreach program for the deaf community.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker with almost 20 years of experience in screening, assessment and treatment planning in various capacities
- Case Manager/Intensive In-Home Clinician with the Valley Community Services Board
- Supervisor at Piedmont CASA
- Lead Behavior Specialist with Virginia School for the Deaf and Blind
- Psychotherapist with ACES since 2013
- Community Development Liaison for Civic Access.
- Prior to becoming a social worker, Susanne worked as an instructor for rock climbing, backpacking, white water rafting, adaptive skiing in Colorado and Wyoming. She thoroughly enjoys working with children, pre-adolescents, adolescents and adults. She works with a variety of issues related to depression; physical, sexual or emotional abuse; major life transitions and substance abuse along with serious mental illness in collaboration with the support of community services boards.
- B.A., Human Ecology, Connecticut College, 1981
- M.Ed, Experiential Education, University of Colorado, Boulder, 1985
- MSW, Social Work, Virginia Commonwealth University, 1999